Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm filling out form 8802 to attain a 6166 for an LLC and…

Customer Question
I'm filling out form...

I'm filling out form 8802 to attain a 6166 for an LLC and need some assistance, please.

Accountant's Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?

No

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Tax
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I'm specifically looking for information related to Applicant Name as it should appear on the certificate (Item 1). If I file my taxes as a pass through but my customers by from the corporation (the LLC) I want the certificate to state the LLC name not my individual name. Therefore, can I put the LLC name in Item 1 and include my name/SSN as the applicant in the lines above?
5/28/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 21 days ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Is the LLC taxed as an S corporation? If so,

The applicant's name would be the name of the LLC, and you will use the S corporation's EIN.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 19 days ago

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.