Tax

Connect one-on-one with a verified tax professional who will answer your question

Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional

More related answers
All tax professionals are VERIFIED
IRS Tax Questions: 1. What happens to suspended capital
Lane
Lane, JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
IRS Tax Questions: 1. What happens to suspended capital losses when someone dies and there is no estate return? Are they lost? Please provide IRS references and articles. 2. Please explain the rules f… read more
Wow! hope you have some insight. grantor of irrevocable
Lev
Lev, Retired
wow! hope you have some insight. grantor of irrevocable trust passed away in decembe 2017. deferred annuities owned by trust redeemed , but payment not received until 2018 … read more
I live in Delaware. In 2016, I (along with 4 other siblings)
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent, Paralegal
I live in Delaware. In 2016, I (along with 4 other siblings) received some money as a result of a property sale in Maine. The property was in a trust set up by my Dad, who died in 1993. At tax time, w… read more
My father died in Feb 2016. He was 84 years old. of his
Lev
Lev, Retired
My father died in Feb 2016. He was 84 years old. I am Executor of his Estate (his #1 son). He had a Traditional IRA; approximately $240K. He did not designate any of his 3 children as beneficiaries. H… read more
I have some questions on a foreign trust. Bob is a US
Lane
Lane, JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
I have some questions on a foreign trust. Bob is a US citizen living in California who when he died set up trusts for his grandchildren, who live in Australia with their mother. The mother and her chi… read more
I have recieved in feb all funds from my mother trust, How
Lane
Lane, JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
I have recieved in feb all funds from my mother trust, How do i claim or do i have to claim the funds Will I have to pay taxes? Can I use on line tax form The trust was in NC I live in Ca… read more
I registered two days ago, after receiving a helpful response
Lev
Lev, Retired
I registered two days ago, after receiving a helpful response to a tax law/estate question. I have another question. Client died on April 25, 2012, owning an IRA in a bank naming her revocable trust a… read more
My mother has a couple of annuities that name her trust as
Lev
Lev, Retired
My mother has a couple of annuities that name her trust as the beneficiary. Her three children are equal beneficiaries of the trust. The annuities have a greater death benefit if the money is taken as… read more
Gift Tax form 709 for 2010 question My dad has a revocable
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Financial & Tax Consultant
Gift Tax form 709 for 2010 question: My dad has a revocable trust with myself and my brother as beneficiaries. The revocable trust gave me and my brother a large gift in 2010. According to the form 70… read more
I am 62 years old and am a joint tenant on my 92 year old mothers
Merlo
Merlo, Tax Consultant
I am 62 years old and am a joint tenant on my 92 year old mother's house in Newport Beach, CA. The transfer to joint tenancy was made 9 years ago and did not trigger a tax increase as the transfer was… read more
In 1988, a married couple buys a house. In 1993, they set
Lev
Lev, Retired
In 1988, a married couple buys a house. In 1993, they set up two living trusts, one for each of them, and they transfer title of the house to the trusts, half in each. In 1997, the wife dies. In 2009,… read more
Our 401k, IRAs and a separate investment portfolio designate
Bill
Bill, Master's Degree
Our 401k, IRAs and a separate investment portfolio designate a family trust (revocable) as the beneficiary. What are the tax consequences for our heirs managing the trust for withdrawals from the IRAs… read more
I have several questions I am the trustee of a revocable trust.
Lev
Lev, Retired
I have several questions I am the trustee of a revocable trust. I was given an ein number from the irs and was told it expires at the end of december.Does this mean that i have to disperse all monies … read more
subject income taxes and inherited IRA. Scenario Dad (widower)passed
RD
RD, Self Employed
subject: income taxes and inherited IRA. Scenario: Dad (widower)passed away in November, leaving me as sole trustee of estate revocable trust, approx worth 1 million, to share with my handicapped brot… read more
Trust A (1.3mil estate previously filed, no taxes owing to
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Senior HR Consultant and Business Devlpm
Trust "A" (1.3mil estate previously filed, no taxes owing to either Fed or State of NJ), is now held for the benefit of Trust "B" as each owns one half of same property. When beneficiary/Trustee of Tr… read more
We have an irrevocable trust and our local bank is the ...
MequonCPA
MequonCPA, CPA Firm Owner
We have an irrevocable trust and our local bank is the trustee. The trust has insurance which we are going to cut in half. The trust has a large cash value to pay the current insurance up to the year … read more
John Gordos EA please. John, I have a couple as clients ...
Bill
Bill, Master's Degree
John Gordos EA please. John, I have a couple as clients that have $258,000 of qualified funds in their IRA's and the funds are invested in two Fixed Equity Indexed Annuities - . She is 79 years old an… read more
Is there a tax liabiltiy when you transfer ownership ...
Paul Taliefero
Paul Taliefero, Enrolled Agent
Is there a tax liabiltiy when you transfer ownership (parent) of an annuity from an individual to a irrevocable trust (son is trustee)? My mother owns an annuity and transferred it to a trust with mys… read more