Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

E.. E.. I mailed (paper) my 2017 1040 form on 3/24/2018. E..

Customer Question
I am David E...

I am David E. Williams

Accountant's Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?

David E. Williams

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?

I mailed (paper) my 2017 1040 form on 3/24/2018. My name is***** My ssn #***-**-****. The amount of my refund is $998.

Accountant's Assistant: Which tax year is the refund for?

2017

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Tax
5/27/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 27 days ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with the IRS so we do not have access to your personal information.

You can check your refund:

1. Call 1-***-***-**** anytime and obtain the status of your refund.

2. Use the IRS online "Where's My Refund" tool. https://www.irs.gov/refunds

The online tool will not be available until Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 7:00 am Eastern time.

You will need your Social Security Number, filing status, and exact amount of your refund.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thank you for your answer. Yes, I've called the IRS and approached them on line (both several times) over the past week. Nary a human in sight nor earshot. It was a CPA friend who suggested I try those things. Today I made copies of my 1040 and backup materials and dropped them in the mail to IRS, Fresno, CA.Have you any other ideas?Thanks again,--***** *****

Hi, Mr. Williams.

What is the message you receive when you call/go online to check on the status of your refund?