Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Charitable contribution is there any statue of limitations…

Customer Question
Charitable contribution is there any...
Charitable contribution is there any statue of limitations
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Tax
5/26/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 26 days ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Charitable contributions can be deducted in the year they are made.

You can carry over any contributions you can't deduct in the current year because they exceed your adjusted-gross-income limits. Except for qualified conservation contributions, you may be able to deduct the excess in each of the next 5 years until it is used up, but not beyond that time. Your total charitable deduction for the year to which you carry your contributions generally is limited to 50% of your adjusted gross income for that year.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 24 days ago

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.