Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a pension in Germany and I want it transferred here…

Customer Question
I have a pension in...
I have a pension in Germany and I want it transferred here in the USA
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
5/25/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

When you say you " want it transferred here in the USA" do you mean to a retirement account here in the US?

No i'm good

Any call offer is site generated, just ignore it.

Unfortunately that is not allowed. A rollover to a US account from a foreign pension is not allowed.

Nothing in any article of the Treaty between the US and Germany overrides the requirement that the distribution must qualify as an “eligible rollover distribution” within the meaning of section 402(c)(4).

I hope this has been informative.