Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I efiled my 2017 1040 tax on turbo tax and it was rejected…

Customer Question
I efiled my 2017...

I efiled my 2017 1040 tax on turbo tax and it was rejected twice. I tried calling the IRS and of course I was unable to talk to a real person. I need to find out why it was rejected. The AGI shown on the 2016 is correct but my return was still rejected.

Accountant's Assistant: Are you using TurboTax online? Or software installed on your computer?

Online

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?

I was never notified by turbo tax or the IRS that my return had been rejected. I signed on to turbo tax to see why I had not received my refund and that is when I found out it had been rejected. I then went through the process of refiling and it was rejected again

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
5/25/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

You should be getting email message with rejection code.
That code will point out to teh specific rejection reason.

If you find that rejection code - I will be able to help with interpretation.
Meanwhile - as you are not able to e-file - I suggest to print and mail your tax return to the IRS.
Let me know if you need any further directions.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.