Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

DO YOU HAVE TO LIVE IN FLORIDA ONE YEAR BEFORE YOU CAN CLAIM…

Customer Question
DO YOU HAVE TO...

DO YOU HAVE TO LIVE IN FLORIDA ONE YEAR BEFORE YOU CAN CLAIM THE "NO INCOME TAX PROVISION" OR CAN YOU LIVE THERE AT LEAST 183 DAYS AND CLAIM THE "NO INCOME TAX PROVISION"?

Accountant's Assistant: Which tax year is this for?

THIS IS FOR 2018... I WOULD LIKE TO MOVE TO FLORIDA THIS JULY AND CLAIM THE NO INCOME TAX PROVISION FOR A SPOT DEAL I WAS PAID IN JUNE.

Accountant's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

WELL, I AM READ NOW ......

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
5/25/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 month ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

You must be a RESIDENT of Florida.

"I WOULD LIKE TO MOVE TO FLORIDA THIS JULY AND CLAIM THE NO INCOME TAX PROVISION FOR A SPOT DEAL I WAS PAID IN JUNE."

If you do not move to Florida until July then anything that you do before the move means you were still a resident of the previous state. You cannot be exempt from tax on income you had prior to your move.

Florida has no state income tax on individuals but that is just for Florida residents.

You must move to Florida, register to vote there, change your driver's lic to Florida, register your vehicles, move you banking....................

Then from the first day you move there you are a resident.

Please post below so I know you have read and understand my response.

Hi

I am still waiting to hear back from you.