Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Need W-2 forms from back in 1986. Any idea where they might…

Customer Question
Pearl, Need W-2 forms...

Pearl, Need W-2 forms from back in 1986. Any idea where they might be found?

Accountant's Assistant: Which tax year is this for?

1986

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?

Would really like 1984 thru 1986..

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
5/25/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 2 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread.

-------------------------

Note that telephone calls and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested in an offer, simply decline.

Still typing...

While you may not be able to get copies of the actual W2s, you can get copies of your earnings information from the Social Security Administration. Unless the request is for one of the Social Security programs, you will be charged for the earnings information. You can request the information by using the Form SSA-7050 found at the following link.

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-7050.pdf

--------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.