Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have had an excise tax exemption number from the IRS since…

Customer Question
I have had an...

I have had an excise tax exemption number from the IRS since 1971. I have now been told that my number is ***** good. Do I need to file for a new number? Why is my old number no longer good? I am exempt from taxes on tire used on school buses for school transportation

Accountant's Assistant: Which tax year is this for?

The number was good last November when we purchased tires and in January I was told it was no longer a good number

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
5/9/2018
Tax Professional: Bryan M., Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 months ago
Bryan M.
Bryan M., Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hello. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer, My name is***** will be assisting you. Please note that phone calls and other offers are automatically generated by the site, not me. If you're not interested, simply decline.

I would call whoever told you that and make sure they have the correct number. There is no reason it would have expired.