Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

We received a check from the US Treasury for $1400 saying…

Customer Question
We received a check...

We received a check from the US Treasury for $1400 saying that was a tax refund. Is it a scam? We paid over $1200 that was due to the IRS. What is this check about? Samuel and Nancy Alguire

Accountant's Assistant: Which tax year is the refund for?

2017

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?

The check says to look at the watermark and Has Kansas City, MO on it. I can't read the signature. Thx

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Tax
5/1/2018
Tax Professional: Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional replied 21 days ago
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional

Hello!

My name is***** will assist you today.

Please give me one moment while I review your question and type my initial response

The only way to know if you have a refund coming is by either calling the IRS at 1-***-***-****

OR

Access your account directly online by clicking on the link below.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account

Both ways will allow a you to access your personal records directly. We do not have access to your records.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

When you have no further questions please take a moment to accept the answer so I am credited for my work. A positive rating of 5 stars is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®