Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I got a tax I.D. # for my business about 8 yrs ago and can't…

Customer Question
I got a tax...

I got a tax I.D. # for my business about 8 yrs ago and can't find my paper . i'm sure they have it on file, I need to renew it and get a copy, my name is***** 2620 Elizabeth Lane , West Bloomfield Mi 48324, can you help me? please, I need it. thank you

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

No, i waiting for an answer

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/13/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 4 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If you previously applied for and received an Employer Identification Number (EIN) for your business, but have since misplaced it, ask the IRS to search for your EIN by calling the Business & Specialty Tax Line at ***-***-****.

The hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. An assistor will ask you for identifying information and provide the number to you over the telephone, as long as you are a person who is authorized to receive it. Examples of an authorized person include, but are not limited to, a sole proprietor, a partner in a partnership, a corporate officer, a trustee of a trust, or an executor of an estate.

They can then send you the letter which verifies that and you should keep that letter.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.