Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a 1099R for a pension, their box 10 indicates State…

Thank you. I...

Thank you. I have a 1099R for a pension, their box 10 indicates State taxes withheld, in the form I completed box 10 is different and there i no place to enter the State tax withheld???

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

The information on box 10 of the 1099-R we received is different than the form in turbo tax, the form in turbo tax does not have a place to enter the state tax withholding

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I have another question. We opened an IRA in 2016 for $55,000.00, this money came from savings, how can we report this IRA and will it provide a deduction?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/13/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer requires that questions on different topics be posted separately.

As to the state withholding tax question, enter the amount in the correct box of the 1099-R in TurboTax.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Hi Barb, thank you for responding.
The issue is that I can't enter the amount in the correct box because the 1099R in Turbo Tax, shows box 10 as Amount Allocable to IRR Within 5 Years and the 1099 sent by SEIU National Industry Pension FD, shows box 10 as State Tax withholding. In Turbo Taz 1099R there is no box where I can enter this withholding and I believe it is important?
is the $55 charge on top of the $38?
Jeffrey Hirschc CPA
Phone call session started
hi, I had someone else besides Barb call me regarding the 1099R issue and the person said he could not help me. I expect that I will not be charged for this conversation and non-help??Would you please confirm? Thank you

Another expert may have called you. I apologize that whoever called you was not able to help you.

I will forward this to customer service on your behalf about the phone call, but please know that once I forward it, the question will be closed to me.

In the meantime, on Form 1099-R in TurboTax Box 12 is for State Withholding. Go down a little further on the screen.

Once you let me know you have found it, I will forward this to customer service.