Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My tax preparer passed away in August 2017. I need a copy of…

Customer Question
My tax preparer passed...

My tax preparer passed away in August 2017. I need a copy of my 2016 yax returns. She filed electronically. how can i get a copy

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I went to an H & R Block office to have them do my 2017 taxes and they need a copy of my 2016 returns. i have looked all over and i cant find it so i need a copy

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Preparers name? Preparers SSN/

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Tax
4/4/2018
Tax Professional: Gerald, Esq, Attorney replied 19 days ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I prepare an answer for you.

You can get your tax transcript directly from the IRS by signing up to access your IRS account. It takes only a few minutes to do so.

You can access that here:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

You can also call the IRS but the wait times are horrible this time of year.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
It didn’t work

I'm sorry. If you can not open an access account online you will either have to call the IRS at:

1-***-***-****

If you call the phone system has a prompt to request a transcript. So if you follow the prompts you should be able to do it through the system without talking to a live agent.

Otherwise you will have to request it by mail using this form:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney