Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I need some help with preparing Form 709. Just need help…

Customer Question
I need some help...

I need some help with preparing Form 709

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Just need help with filing in Form 709, as I opened a 529 account in 2017 for my daughter with > $14000

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Tax
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Hi, I need some help in filing in IRS Form 709. Can you please help me. I have opened a 529 account for my daughter with > $15000 in 2017. Also, the limit of $14000.00 is for each child/donee or for all of them?
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Basically, what I need is the following:
1) Is Schedule A the only section requiring entries? If yes - what it would be?
2) Since is more than $14000, I have to spread this over 5 years, how can I make such entries.
3) Is the limit of $14000.00 per person/donee per year?
4/3/2018
Tax Professional: ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 22 days ago
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi. Great Question. You are allowed to contribute up to $14,000 in one year or make a lump-sum contribution of $70,000 to cover five years.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Ok, Thank you for the confirmation. Could you kindly answer the following previous questions:1) Is Schedule A the only section requiring entries? If yes - what it would be?

You make the election on the Gift Tax Return. Fill out Columns A, B, and H.

It is per donee.

Schedule A only

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thank you for the quick response. Appreciate it and sorry for bugging you. So, let's say I funded one 529 with $70K and gave another $70K to another kid to take care of her Tution fee. Where in the form do I indicate the form that I need to spread this in 5 years? Please help with entering the right details into the form.

If you funded both at a lump sum of 70k each, you would only claim 20% of it on Schedule A.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
One last question please - how much would you charge to fill-in my 709 form Or help me get that completed.? Please let me know.

It is usually over $400. I can help with any questions you may have while you are filling it out for a lower amount.

What price were you thinking about?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Sorry but to get my tax done (multiple W2s, Trades, rental property etc), I paid $300. I was hoping it would be reasonably lower to get this form filled. What would be lowest you would be willing to charge to help me with filing the form. Please help.

What price are you thinking about for a review.

Tax Professional: ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 21 days ago

Around 150/175? Thank you.

ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group