Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I cashed out my govt pension plan for around $3500. So my…

Customer Question
Hi, I cashed out...

Hi, I cashed out my govt pension plan for around $3500. So my 1099 R states that amount from the state pension plan but my city govt employer put 1448.96 in box 14 of my W2. I'[m not sure what that amount means?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

No, thanks!

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Tax
4/3/2018
Tax Professional: ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 20 days ago
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi. Great Question. Box 14 is for informational purposes only and is not used for your 1040 return.

It usually represents what was paid for state disability or unemployment insurance.

Let me know if this helps and if you have any questions. Thank you.

ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group