Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm 79 years old and still work. Do I still have to include…

Customer Question
I'm 79 years old...

I'm 79 years old and still work. Do I still have to include S.S.Income on my 2017 IRS tax return?

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I'm in California

Accountant's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have w-2 Taxable income of $38,079 and S.S.Income of $19851, and I thoughtbafter 70 yrs old the S.S.Income is not taxable. Please help me.

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is my question,,,can I exclude S.S.Income from my tax calculations since I'm over 70 yrs of age?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
4/3/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 3 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, age has nothing to do with whether income is taxable or not.

You will include your earnings and Social Security income on your tax return.

Based on the information you provided, part of your Social Security will be taxed.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions/concerns. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.