Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Gabe Alvarado @ [email protected] I have an account with…

Customer Question
Gabe Alvarado @***@******.*** I...

Gabe Alvarado @***@******.*** I have an account with justanswer.com .

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I'm now 66 years and the only sourse of income is my monthly Social Security Benefit payment . I have a IRS debt of just under $10,000 dollars. My Tax Account , informed me . Now that I am retired , the IRS has a Legal Form . That can be filled out and due to the fact , that the only source of income is my Social Security Benefit . The IRS debt can go away. What is the IRS Form ? And can you send it to my email @***@******.*** .

Accountant's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Thank you , Gabe Alvarado

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Noy at this time .

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Tax
4/3/2018
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 24 days ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer and can assist. I can't send the form directly, but can describe the steps to take.

IRS can claim 15% of your regular Social Security benefit for back taxes. To avoid that, you need to either make the debt go away (through legal means) or ask them to not pursue collection. This is a request to be classified not collectible.

To claim currently not collectible status, you need to make that request of appropriate IRS personnel. If you are dealing with ACS, this is more difficult, but can be done. Simply write a letter requesting to be classified as currently not collectible. Most IRS personnel will request that you complete IRS Form 433-A, which outlines your income and expenses, assets and liabilities. If you can prove to them you can't afford to pay, they won't make you.

If you don't have an IRS person on your case, I can suggest making the request on Form 911. This request is only used for cases in which IRS normal channels aren't working.

Both the 911 form and 433-a can be found online as pdf's.

If you have a tax pro, I suggest you ask them to assist filling out the forms.

Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer

Let me know if anything more is needed.

PDtax
PDtax