How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm doing my 2017 taxes. I have income from a part time job

Customer Question

I'm doing my 2017 taxes. I have income from a part time job I have following retirement. I also get retirement income from the state and railroad retirement,
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am wondering why I'm being taxed on my work income and pension income and Social Security benefits.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Can you explain this for me
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 7 months ago.

I will definitely verify your calculations.

Please list here all lines from your 1040 form with amounts.

I will verify if all calculations are correct.