Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Is tax evasion a serious crime for a subcontractor? can i…

Customer Question
Is...

Is tax evasion a serious crime for a subcontractor ? can i pay it now years later

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Washington

Accountant's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None I was installing safety equipment on homes

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Tax
4/3/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 24 days ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. In brief, tax evasion is a serious crime for anyone.

Still typing...

Following is what the IRS has to say about tax evasion.

---------------------------

Any person who willfully attempts to evade or defeat any tax imposed by this title or the payment thereof shall, in addition to other penalties provided by law, be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof:

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://www.irs.gov/compliance/criminal-investigation/related-statutes-and-penalties-general-fraud

---------------------------------

As to paying what taxes you own now, yes, you can pay the taxes now. It is always best if your voluntarily come clean before they contact you or start garnishing or levying your wages or bank accounts.

---------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

• Shall be imprisoned not more than 5 years

• Or fined not more than $250,000 for individuals ($500,000 for corporations)

• Or both, together with the costs of prosecution

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
These few taxes less th 500 dollar's
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
It is less than 290 dollars

For the amount that you are speaking of, they are not going to come looking for you. However, you still should pay the amount because it will continue to grow due to penalties and interest.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant