Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Thank you for your answer. I just couldn't believe it was…

Customer Question
Thank you for your...

Thank you for your answer. I just couldn't believe it was taking so long. A couple days ago, I got a letter from IRS saying I need to fill out form 8283. So I will do that.

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in Maryland.

Accountant's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I just got the letter last Saturday. I am not sure I can fill out all the blanks or boxes. Before making my donations, I write on a separate slip for me: the value of what I am giving. I then add this on the donation slip after I tear it from the booklet. (On the slip before I tear it off, I write the items and their condition. I was hoping that I could just fill in what I could and staple these forms to 8283 and that would be good enough.

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do I need to pay $52 again, when you connect me ?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
There are about 3- 5 items for each salvation army slip. All the slips total over $1,000. Some items were given to me to donate to Salvation Army. Some items I have had for a few years. I have about 7 slips. I will need to go to bed soon as it is after 10:pm and I get up at 3:45am.
4/3/2018
Tax Professional: Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional replied 3 months ago
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional

Hello!

My name is***** will assist you today.

Please give me one moment while I review your question and type my initial response

With donated property you will complete Part 1 Information on Donated Property which is on page two of the form.

You will keep your slips for your records and submit form 8283 with your tax return.

Please let me know your follow up questions.

Thank you!