Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

What kind of info does a massage therapist need to provide…

Customer Question
What kind of info...

What kind of info does a massage therapist need to provide when filing taxes and they were working for someone else

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

The tax from that they received from their employer was not a 40k

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

The massage therapist may have not been covered by some kind of liability insurance.

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Tax
4/3/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 21 days ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

--------------------------------

Note that telephone calls and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested in an offer, simply decline.

Still typing...

If a massage therapist, or anyone for that matter works for someone else, they should either receive a Form W2 or 1099-MISC from the person that they are working for. If the person is an employee, a Form W2 should be issued. If the person is an Independent Contractor, a Form 1099-MISC should be issued to that person. If you have other deductions, other documentation might be required.

--------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant