Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My insurance premiums were higher in 2017 then 2016 and now…

Customer Question
My insurance premiums were...

My insurance premiums were higher in 2017 then 2016 and now I owe...was dropped by old company now they are low again...I submitted all tax returns for accuracy and they set the payment...What can I do...I need to file

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Would I be better off to file married but file seperatley

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
4/2/2018
Tax Professional: ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 3 months ago
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi. Great Question. Do you owe taxes due to not being covered by insurance or due to the itemized deductions being lower? Thank you.

Not sure how to answer that

You were noting that you owe - do you owe more taxes on your 1040. Thank you.

Got money back last year with lower payments....owe over $1,600 this year

Hi. It may be due to your itemized deductions being lower. However, I can compare the two returns if you want (2017 vs. 2016) - Turbotax will give you a comparison, as well - would you have which lines were different (2017 vs. 2016)? Thank you.

I make 9,750 a year,I am the only one with Obama care...my hubby gets SS and a pension and works for the same co. I do with the same pay..in 2015 we paid the IRS...last year refund this year OWE....I really do not know what to do or where to go....

Hi. If you want to attach the 2016 and the 2017 1040 - 2 pages - I can look at them. Thanks.