Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am unable to access my 2016 tax return paperwork. I have…

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to access my 2016 tax return paperwork. I have other returns that go back for years. I am not at my home so I was depending on my Computer. Can you help me

Accountant's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

I have installed your turbotax Deluxe on my HP laptop. I have used this laptop for years. I am positive I saved a copy of my work but it is not there. Other years are.

Accountant's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your HP?

A pavilion dm4-3013cl Entertainment pc, core i5. I hope I got that right.

Accountant's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

After installing your deluxe last week it said i needed to update changes, which I did. Then it started searching my files for the 2016 return but could not find it

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I dont think so.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
4/3/2018
Tax Professional: Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney replied 2 months ago
Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney

You should be able to search for it on your PC. You can get a copy from the IRS:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/irs-tax-return/how-to-obtain-a-copy-of-your-tax-return/L13d9uLMa