Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am not sure I need pro bono. Ca. None. This is a tax

Customer Question
I am not sure...

I am not sure I need pro bono

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ca

Accountant's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is a tax question

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Tax
4/2/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 24 days ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Please post your specific question.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I am on SSI. I have not filed taxes in decades except for one or two years when I got 1099s for around $4000.
Now I have two K-1s from 2015 and 2017 for over $220,000.
I am freaked out. I was thinking file an extension then deal with it.

When you file an extension, it does not extend the time to pay any tax you owe. You will have a penalty for non-payment/late payment.

You will need to file for 2015 and 2017.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent