Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I need to know my wife's earning via ss for the year 2017 so…

Customer Question
I need to know my...
I need to know my wife's earning via ss for the year 2017 so we c an file our tax's Thanks
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
4/2/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 3 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

An SSA-1099 is a tax form the SSA mails each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits.

It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099, there are some options :

Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online.

Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;

https://www.ssa.gov/signin

Calling us at 1-800_772_1213 (TTY 1-800_325_0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;

You may ask that form to be mailed to your address. That might take a week or so before you will have the form.

Contacting your local Social Security office.

The form will be printed immediately - but you may need to wait some time before a representative will serve you.

Let me know your zip code - and I will find a local SSA office serving your area.

I just need the numbers asap can you e mail those numbers my account is trying to finish our taxs? My wife is on vacation and I can not reach her Thanks

The issue here - that your wife ONLY may request such information as that is considered personal.

You may act on behalf of your wife if you have POA - otherwise the SSA will not release any her personal information to you.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.