Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Just a few question. I asked the mortgage company I was

Customer Question
Just a few question...

Just a few question. I asked the mortgage company I was working with, they referred me to consult with a tax consultant!

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Sorry I didn’t mean to send. We’re in process of purchasing a home. We had a home inspection & we had the home appraised. After this was done, a judge in Idaho, stopped the sale of this home. The home is owned by my son & he’s going through a divorce. His ex is not shown on the deed, but the judge ruled that we couldn’t buy the house. Would we be entitled to a credit, for the services we had done on the house? If so who would we get the forms from? Would this possibly be a 1099 form? 2. We were in the process of purchasing another home. We finally were finally approved to purchase this other home, we had a home inspection & an appraisal done on it, and at the last minute just b4 the home closed we pulled out. The question I have, 1. Do we get a tax credit for the home inspection & the appraisal? If we do would this fall under a 1099? 2. Lastly, we put $5,000 of hard money, on this last home I’m referring to, that we lost when we pulled out of purchasing this home. I would we get a tax credit for rhe $5,000? Would this fall under a 1099? Also, on this $5,000, one check was for $1,000 that was deposited in nov 2017, and $4,000 was deposited in jan of 2018

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Sorry didn’t mean to send

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Tax
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
That’s pretty much it
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Jerrel cooper, Layton, utah
4/2/2018
Tax Professional: Kelly McGlynn, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 22 days ago
Kelly McGlynn
Kelly McGlynn, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hello. Thank you for your question. I'm Kelly and am here to help you today. I am reviewing your question and will be with you shortly.

Unfortunately, none of the payments that you have listed above are deductible for tax purposes. The $5,000 deposit would have been included in the basis of the home if you had purchased it, but since there was no purchase, there is no deduction for tax purposes.

Tax Professional: Kelly McGlynn, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 21 days ago

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you need more help, please reply to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, your 5 star rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Kelly McGlynn
Kelly McGlynn