Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I want an EIN number for depositing dues and completing

Customer Question
transactions for our class reunion...
I want an EIN number for depositing dues and completing transactions for our class reunion. We do not need a tax-exempt status.
Can we describe ourselves as a Club or a Committee?
Can our legal name on bank account be something like, “ Carver Class of 1968 Reunion”?
Would we still need to indicate a business start date and an accounting year closing month when applying?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
4/2/2018
Tax Professional: Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney replied 2 months ago
Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney

You still would need an entity or nonprofit to get the EIN. It might be more of a hassle to form a nonprofit for one event.

Here is some info:

https://www.ehow.com/how_5859435_start-non_profit-group-class-reunion.html

I did not believe I had completed my request, since I did not want any of the products they were offering me. So I closed out my browser and made an online application for EIN. I received the IRS letter with the number immediately. So I did not need any help after all.

Ok. If you think I answered your question, then please hit accept or reply. Thank you.