Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I know I can exclude section 131 payments form my income for…

Customer Question
I know I can...

I know I can exclude section 131 payments form my income for a certified family home- can I deduct epenses on top of that, basically creating a loss that would offset other income

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Not much more to it- can I show a loss on a schedule c for a certified family home when I exclude the section 131 payments

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Tax
4/2/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 19 days ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Unfortunately no, you cannot exclude the income and claim expenses too. The exclusion is a huge benefit as it allows you to not pay tax on that amount.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4