Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My income for 2017 is 24914.00 if this is too little to pay…

Customer Question
My income for 2017...

My income for 2017 is 24914.00 if this is too little to pay taxes do I have to file?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

It is less than I made before and didn't ite taxes and someone told me that that I down t even need to file. I would rather not because 4914.00 is mineral lease royalties and so I have to file extra forms and it cost me about 100 which I don't have

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I don't think so I am 71 and a widow I receive food stamps and Medicare extra help for my scrips.have many health problems.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
4/2/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 3 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

For 2017 tax year, if you are 65 or older, single and have $11,950 of taxable income you must file.