Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Getting a divorce and was wondering if to file single or…

Customer Question
Getting a divorce and...

Getting a divorce and was wondering if to file single or joint? I make $150000 a year and she makes about $100000 on property that she leases that she pays quarterly.. I think it helps her in the end if we file together

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Thats it thanks

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Tax
4/2/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 18 days ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Because you are still married, you can either file jointly or separately. Neither of you can file as single.

Using the married filing separate filing status is the LEAST ADVANTAGEOUS filing status.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
file jointly or separate ⁉️

File jointly.

Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 17 days ago

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent