Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I made a SEP contribution in 2017 that our accountant said…

Customer Question
Hello Pearl, Accountant's Assistant:...

Hello Pearl,

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I made a SEP contribution in 2017 that our accountant said we should make but we had a big write off with the sale of a property that we took a loss on. We found out later that we didn't need to make a SEP construction because of the big property loss. We paid that SEP in 2017 can we apply it to 2018?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Not sure

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Tax
4/2/2018
Tax Professional: ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 21 days ago
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi. Great Question. Not usually. However, if you made it by the April 15 or October 15 2017 (if an extension was filed) due date, you should be able to apply it to the 2016 year.

Let me know if this helps and if you have any questions. Thank you.

ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group