Tax

Connect one-on-one with a verified tax professional who will answer your question

PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law

More related answers
All tax professionals are VERIFIED
I have been on disability and the reported amount on 1099r
emc011075
emc011075, Tax advisor and Enrolled Agent
I have been on disability and the reported amount on 1099r section 2a was unknown. Since I have now reached federal retirement age, will the amount in box 2a change? am i correct in reading that once … read more
Qdro from him to her he received 1099r showing fully taxable
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
qdro from him to her he received 1099r showing fully taxable to him and code 1 in box 7. the monies went from his ira to an ira for her at the same credit union at the same time seems incorrect coding… read more
When I retired from the Commonwealth of Pa. I took my
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent, Paralegal
When I retired from the Commonwealth of Pa. I took my contributions from my pension and rolled them into my Roth Account. The Commonwealth sent me two 1099R's. On for a reduced amount (minus the Feder… read more
Background: My company allows us to save using 3 different
emc011075
Background: My company allows us to save for retirement using 3 different vehicles. Pre tax 401k (contribution and earnings taxable when withdrawn at 59 1/2) After tax 401 Roth (no taxes to be paid on… read more
I retired in May as a teacher in Texas.my Texas teacher
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
I retired in May as a teacher in Texas.my Texas teacher retirement does not consider me an early retirement. My distributions are coded as 2. My question, does this mean I will be charged a 10%,penalt… read more
I have two 1099R forms. One has my federal retirement plus
Lev
Lev, Retired
I have two 1099R forms. One has my federal retirement plus my withdrawal from 401k. The other 1099R has only my 401k withdrawal. The government office of OPM has combined the two amounts on one form. … read more
I am a small tax preparer and have never delt with annuities.
Lev
Lev, Retired
I am a small tax preparer and have never delt with annuities. But my inlaws had some money which they used to have in a CD but in 2012 decided to purchase an annuity. It is a nonqualified plan. She pu… read more
I retired from the teacher retirement system of Texas in 2012.
Lev
Lev, Retired
I retired from the teacher retirement system of Texas in 2012. I rolled over a partial lump sum into a traditional IRA account. This was a direct rollover and no taxes were supposed to come out of the… read more
I have three 1099R forms. They each have a code of 1, G and
Lev
Lev, Retired
I have three 1099R forms. They each have a code of 1, G and J (ROTH). I also received a form 5498. Is there anything I need to do with these forms when I file my taxes. I guess what I am asking is whe… read more
I received 1099R totaling 182,328 for a 2011 rollover of my
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Tax Advisor
I received 1099R totaling 182,328 for a 2011 rollover of my IRA then later around the end of May I received form 5948 with rollover amount of 232,311. What is 5948 and which is the correct number to r… read more
OK, heres a separate issue for 2011 taxes. My company put
Lev
Lev, Retired
OK, here's a separate issue for 2011 taxes. My company put back for it's employees $300 a year. Referred to as a cas balance. When I retired in January 2011, I received my cash balance which was $22,3… read more
I started IRA early withdrawals 13 years ago under the Substantially
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
I started IRA early withdrawals 13 years ago under the Substantially Equal Payments (SEP) provision of the tax code. I did so again, as usual, in January 2011. On December 1, 2011 I will be 59 1/2 yea… read more
I have someone who received a form 8935 Airline Payments Report.
Lev
Lev, Retired
I have someone who received a form 8935 Airline Payments Report. Box 1 $4949.72, box 2a 2010, box 2b $4949.72. He also received a W-2 for the exact same amount with ss, med and fica withheld. The info… read more
I closed out my 401k from my previous employer and used the
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
I closed out my 401k from my previous employer and used the money to pay bills. I got a 1099-R from this, I included it on my federal tax return, but do I need to include this on my state and local ta… read more
IN 2009 I made a payment of about $55000 to the Texas Teacher
Lev
Lev, Retired
IN 2009 I made a payment of about $55000 to the Texas Teacher Retirement system. This was to cover 13 years of withdrawn service I took in 1988 and the interest on that money covering up to 2009. At t… read more
I received a 1099r for 2008, which I filed with my taxes last
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
I received a 1099r for 2008, which I filed with my taxes last year. I just received a 1099R for 2009 for the exact same dollar amount as last year. Why? Do I need to file this 2009 copy? Will I need t… read more
I have a 403b tax annunity plan from work I took hardship ...
Bill
Bill, Master's Degree
I have a 403b tax annunity plan from work I took hardship distrubutions this year without taxes being with held. I rec''d the 1099RS with #1 in box 7. I also took another distribution from the 403b an… read more
I received a lump sum distribution from my IRA. I have ...
Bill
Bill, Master's Degree
I received a lump sum distribution from my IRA. I have been totally disabled for some time now and the company that I had the IRA with was informed of my disability. When they sent my 1099R it has the… read more