Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I received a schedule k-1 (form 1065) this year as an

Customer Question
I received a schedule...

I received a schedule k-1 (form 1065) this year as an individual partner and a '2017 supplemental information' sheet. do i just submit this info with my tax return. do i need to include any of the info on my form 1040 or other schedules? if so where and what?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

A lot of numbers on the schedule k-1 just do not know where to go with it?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
Tax Professional: Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional replied 3 months ago
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional

Hi Edward,

My name is***** will assist you today.

Please give me one moment while I review your question and type my initial response

The K- reports to you the amount of your share of the current years income. Keep it for your records. Do not file it with your tax return.

The amounts reported in the K-1 will be reported to your 1040. --I have attached a link below for the instructions for the K-1 which details how to report each line on page two of the instructions.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1065sk1.pdf​

For example line 4 of the K-1 "Guaranteed payments " --- Reported "Schedule E, line 28, column (j) "

There are a few numbers and it is important to go line by line of the K-1 to report to the 1040 and the proper schedules.

Please let me know if this has answered your question or if you have any additional questions.

When you have no further questions a positive rating of 5 stars is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Are you satisfied with the Answer you received?

If you are satisfied with the Answer, please accept the Answer and rate my service. Accepting the Answer and Rating my service cost you nothing extra, but does notify JustAnswer that I have completed my assigned work.

If you have any follow up questions please don't hesitate to Ask.

You can rate me by using the stars, or faces on your screen and clicking submit

I look forward to working with you in the future and I hope you feel that I provided you with 5 Star services

Regards,

Chad CFP ® professional

Federally Licensed IRS Enrolled Agent