Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My computer lost all my tax from last year and I cant my…

Customer Question
My computer lost all...

My computer lost all my tax from last year and I cant my AGI, is there a way to get from

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Tell me how to get my 2016 Agi

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Sharon Decatur###-##-####

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
4/1/2018
Tax Professional: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 1 month ago
Richard, Tax Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Hi Sharon. Yes, you can retrieve this information.

You can do this any of three different ways: i) Online: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=232168,00.html ; ii) Telephone: 1-***-***-****; or iii) By mail by filing IRS Form 4506T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return).

If the return was filed by Turbo Tax: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/IRS-Tax-Return/How-to-Obtain-a-Copy-of-Your-Tax-Return/INF14802.html

The foregoing process can take up to 5-10 days; if you need it more quickly, visit an accountant or lawyer in your area and sign a Form 2848, Power of Attorney and let him call the call the IRS' Tax Practitioner Hotline which is available to attorneys, accountants, and EA's. He/she can ask them to fax a transcript of your tax returns while you wait.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hope so since I have no other means to retrieve it

There will be no problems; I'm so sorry you have experienced this situation!

Just following up. My screen indicates that you have not reviewed my response. Please let me know if you did not receive it so I can re-send it if necessary. Thank you!

If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Richard, Tax Attorney