Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I received a 1099-DIV form for 2016 tax year last month. Can…

Customer Question
I received a 1099-DIV...

I received a 1099-DIV form for 2016 tax year last month. Can I file it in my 2017 return or should I amend my 2016 return?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What else you need to know?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Are you a real person or just a bot?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
Actually I need to give a more detailed explanation of the situation. This is not published, right? Can I give sensitive information here?
4/1/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 3 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. This is a public forum and the information typed herein will be accessible over the internet.

Still typing...

You cannot include any 2016 income or expense information on your 2017 tax return. You will need to amend your 2016 tax return to include the 1099-DIV.

------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

It is not advisable to post any sensitive or personal information in these threads. Again, this is a very public forum.

Hey, this was my initial question. Isn't it possible to ask follow up questions in a private setting?

That would be considered a premium service, which will be an additional cost.

If you would like for me to send you an offer to do a situational analysis, I can do that. You are under no obligation to accept the offer. By the way, how many additional questions do you have and what are the questions relating to?

Is it in addition to $41 I currently owe or in addition to $5 I just paid as the deposit?It is about why I received this form late which involves a bankrupt stock investment and filing of a liquidation trust tax forms? I guess I won't take the premium service.

Yes, it would be in addition to the $41. Private interactions are considered a premium service.