Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am a Student at South Mountain College, and I was told…

Customer Question
I am a Student...

I am a Student at South Mountain College, and I was told that I needed to complete an 4506T form for my FASA because i did not file 2016 ,can you please help me.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

In order to receive my school funding for my books and classes, I did not file 2016 and they need the IRS to send them verification.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Well my name has changed since my release, because i am remarried.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
4/1/2018
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Why you did not file your 2016 tax return?

I was incarcerated in 2016 and was released June 4th 2017.
Can you help me or not ,or is this also a money scam?
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 2 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you. Note that the services on this site are very legitimate. This is NOT a money scam, and yes, I can direct you on what you need to do. What you need is a non-filing verification letter. While this letter can be requested using the Form 4506-T (by mail), you can also request the letter online or via telephone. I will provide instructions on how to do that in the next thread.

Online:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

----------------------

Via Telephone (using dedicated transcript telephone #):

(###) ###-####

-----------------------

Again, you can use the Form 4506-T to request the letter by mail.

Link to Form 4506-T:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

Remember, you want to request a non-filing verification letter.

-----------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant