Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am a Student at South Mountain College, and I was told…

Customer Question
I am a Student...

I am a Student at South Mountain College, and I was told that I needed to complete an 4506T form for my FASA because i did not file 2016 ,can you please help me.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

In order to receive my school funding for my books and classes, I did not file 2016 and they need the IRS to send them verification.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Well my name has changed since my release, because i am remarried.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
4/1/2018
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 4 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Why you did not file your 2016 tax return?

I was incarcerated in 2016 and was released June 4th 2017.
Can you help me or not ,or is this also a money scam?
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 4 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you. Note that the services on this site are very legitimate. This is NOT a money scam, and yes, I can direct you on what you need to do. What you need is a non-filing verification letter. While this letter can be requested using the Form 4506-T (by mail), you can also request the letter online or via telephone. I will provide instructions on how to do that in the next thread.

Online:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

----------------------

Via Telephone (using dedicated transcript telephone #):

(###) ###-####

-----------------------

Again, you can use the Form 4506-T to request the letter by mail.

Link to Form 4506-T:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

Remember, you want to request a non-filing verification letter.

-----------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.