Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I was wondering, I work for a large banking company, and I…

Customer Question
Hello my name is*****...

Hello my name is***** was wondering, I work for a large banking company, and I started working from my home full time, I do not go to the office my home is my office, I work from the internet and phone 8 to 10 hours a day Monday to Friday, what can I claim

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

No not at this time,

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Tax
3/31/2018
Tax Professional: Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 26 days ago
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help you out.

You have the possibility of doing an unreimbursed employee expense for your business use of home.

To deduct expenses for business use of the home, you must use part of your home as exclusively and regularly as your principal place of business for your trade or business. Deductible expenses for business use of your home include the business portion of real estate taxes, mortgage interest, rent, casualty losses, utilities, insurance, depreciation, maintenance, and repairs.

However, for 2018, this deduction is no longer available.

Let me know if you need anything else. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
this just do not make sense, my colleagues are doing it
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
hi why not another payment, you really did not help
As long as you have an office, you can deduct those things.
However, for tax year 2018 the new tax bill eliminates that deduction.
they're fine to take this year.
Tax Professional: Cole Parker, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 26 days ago
Cole Parker
Cole Parker, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi Kim, my name is***** ask you some questions?

Cole Parker
Cole Parker