Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

We just hired a part-time employee who is both retired and…

Customer Question
We just hired a...

We just hired a part-time employee who is both retired and disabled. Do I need to withold Medicare and Social Security

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

We just hired a part-time employee who is both retired and disabled. Do I need to withold Medicare and Social Security We just hired a part-time employee who is both retired and disabled. Do I need to withold Medicare and Social Security

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I dont know

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/31/2018
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 4 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Yes, you do. Retired and/ or employee's are not exempt from payroll taxes.

Any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?