Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Can you please send me a copy of my w-2 for 2017. I'm having…

Customer Question
Can you please send me...
Can you please send me a copy of my w-2 for 2017. I'm having my taxes done on Monday.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/31/2018
Tax Professional: Brian Michels, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 3 months ago
Brian Michels
Brian Michels, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hello. I believe this may be a duplicate request however I am replying with the information below. Please note this is not the IRS. We are a third party provider offering professional advice. If you don't have your W-2 you can obtain a copy of your tax information from the IRS website through a tax transcript.

You can get your free transcripts immediately online. You can also get them by phone, by mail or by fax within five to 10 days from the time IRS receives your request. To view and print your transcripts online, go to IRS.gov and use the get transcript tool at the following website (https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript). To order by phone, call(###) ###-####and follow the prompts. You can also request your transcript using your smartphone with the IRS2Go mobile phone app here (https://www.irs.gov/uac/irs2goapp). To request a 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ tax return transcript by mail or fax, complete Form 4506T-EZ, Short Form Request for Individual Tax Return Transcript. Businesses and individuals who need a tax account transcript should use Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return. If you need an actual copy of a filed and processed tax return, it will cost $57 for each tax year. Complete Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, and mail it to the IRS address listed on the form for your area. Copies are generally available for the current year and past six years. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I'm happy to help.