Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I need a copy of my w-2 for the 2017 tax year. Can you

Customer Question
I need a...

I need a copy of my w-2 for the 2017 tax year. Can you e'mail me one I need it by Monday afternoon.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I did withdraw some money on my IRA and need this information for my taxes.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

No I don't believe so but could you email me a copy to give to my accountant.

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/31/2018
Tax Professional: Brian Michels, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 25 days ago
Brian Michels
Brian Michels, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. I am a licensed CPA. I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Please note this is not the IRS. We are a third party provider offering professional advice. If you don't have your W-2 you can obtain a copy of your tax information from the IRS website through a tax transcript.

You can get your free transcripts immediately online. You can also get them by phone, by mail or by fax within five to 10 days from the time IRS receives your request. To view and print your transcripts online, go to IRS.gov and use the get transcript tool at the following website (https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript). To order by phone, call(###) ###-####and follow the prompts. You can also request your transcript using your smartphone with the IRS2Go mobile phone app here (https://www.irs.gov/uac/irs2goapp). To request a 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ tax return transcript by mail or fax, complete Form 4506T-EZ, Short Form Request for Individual Tax Return Transcript. Businesses and individuals who need a tax account transcript should use Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return. If you need an actual copy of a filed and processed tax return, it will cost $57 for each tax year. Complete Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, and mail it to the IRS address listed on the form for your area. Copies are generally available for the current year and past six years.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I'm happy to help.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Could you email it to me I am terrible on computers I need help

We are unable to obtain the tax transcript. Per the IRS rules, tax transcripts may only be requested by taxpayers or someone who has a Power of Attorney for the taxpayer.

Brian Michels
Brian Michels