Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

What can I do? My wife will not sign our joint 2017 IRS tax…

Customer Question
What can I do...

What can I do? My wife will not sign our joint 2017 IRS tax form? She is being vindictive to me.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

That is it.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

No, every thing is 100% legal and prepared by a CPA

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/31/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 3 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, you cannot make her sign the return and you cannot sign for her.

Are you receiving a refund or do you owe?

If you are receiving a refund, there will be no penalty for late filing. It is only when you owe that a late filing penalty comes into play.

Of course, you can always choose to the married filing separate filing status.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

The form has been completed as joint. She brings no benefit to the filing.
I am not satisfied.

I understand, but you cannot force her to sign or sign her name.

I am not satisfied
This is a rip off I will contact BBB better business bureau
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 3 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. …. My name’s Lane,

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents, since 1986.

I’m reading your question now.

Bear with me a moment while I type up my response.

….

Then if you have further questions we can go from there.

(By the way, if the site makes one of those automated call offers, That did not come from me. Be glad to do a phone consult, but this comes with an additional cost, so don’t accept unless you’d like to talk)

How exactly can I help?