Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

On my w-2 form box 10/ dependent care benefits/ it has

Customer Question
On my w-2 form...

On my w-2 form box 10/ dependent care benefits/ it has 60.00. I do not have dependents. did someone make a mistake in filling out my w-2? how do I fix this?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

That's all I know. my w-2 came that way.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Tax
3/31/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 25 days ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

----------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested in an offer, simply decline.

Still Typing...

In brief, if you don't have any dependents, this is likely a mistake. You should contact your employer and ask for a corrected W2. Following is information relating to Box 10 of the W2. SEE BELOW:

----------------------------

Box 10. This amount includes the total dependent care benefits that your employer paid to you or incurred on your behalf (including amounts from a section 125 (cafeteria) plan). Any amount over $5,000 also is included in box 1. Complete Form 2441, Child and Dependent Care Expenses, to compute any taxable and nontaxable amounts.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant