Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My taxes done by the same person the last seferal years. She…

Customer Question
My taxes done by...

My taxes done by the same person the last seferal years. She usually emails them into the Irs, but mailed it this year. She sent it to our bank from last year. We owed them so money for 25 times at 38.50. Turnsout they kept charging our account after it was closed. So they took an IRS bill made out to me and took 1900 of our $2400. Can they do that?

Accountant's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Not til now

Accountant's Assistant: Where is the property located?

My property?

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/31/2018
Tax Professional: Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 months ago
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

I'm Fiona, former IRS revenue agent. I am looking at your question and will get back to you soon. Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP,IMTA

Dear Customer,

1) Follow the instruction on this IRS website to file a complaint about this return preparer.

https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/make-a-complaint-about-a-tax-return-preparer

2) When the return preparer mails in a tax return, it is likely the person's e-file privilege has been cancelled by the IRS.

3) If you signed agreement to let them charge fees from your refund, they can do that. But 1,900 tax return preparation fee is very high.

Please consult with the IRS website to file a complaint so that you can find out what happened.

Also, you can report to local police. Maybe they can investigate and find you an answer. Consult with your state attorney's office, sometimes, they will initiate an investigation. Or consult with an attorney to raise a small claim lawsuit.

Regards,

Fiona