Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

If I live in MS, worked in Ill and draw unemployment from…

Customer Question
If I live in...

If I live in MS, worked in Ill and draw unemployment from Ill, what state is the unemployment taxable in?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Is there a fee for your service, if so what is it.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Do you charge a fee?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/30/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 3 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

You asked about a fee. Do you still need to speak to Customer Support about the charges for this service?

I paid my 7 day trail fee
I have paid my 7 day trial fee

Unemployment compensation included in your federal adjusted gross income is taxable to Illinois if

• you earned it while you were an Illinois resident or
  • you received it from the Illinois Department of Employment Security as a nonresident.

MS as your home and resident state expects to tax you on all your income but will allow a tax credit for tax paid to Illinois.

SO the answer is both states.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Did you need more information about the tax reporting?

What does amount $52 mean?

Any call offer is site generated, just ignore it.

Did you need more information about the tax reporting? I answered your question but follow ups on this same subject are welcome.