Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Since I am paying my 2016 tax returns, do you think I will…

Customer Question
Since I am paying my...
Since I am paying my 2016 tax returns, do you think I will have to pay a big penalty for it?, also Will i be able to pay the tax payments in monthly payments, or would it have to be all together. For eg, if it is $2000 total tax payments, can I pay $ 500 every month.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
3/30/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You can definitely pay the balance you owe to the IRS in installments, and will qualify for $500/month payments.

You will have to request a payment arrangement with the IRS.

Have you filed your 2016 tax return yet?

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

No i have not filed 2016 yet. I plan to file that this month. I am 1099 contractor, and since i work from home what kind of deduction will i be able to take?