Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My son proceeded to do my taxes but for some reason Turbo…

Customer Question
Hello my name is*****...

Hello my name is***** son proceeded to do my taxes but for some reason Turbo Tax had this automatic system and it didn't add my W2 information. I thought he was finished so I entered it in. I think it was an error so how do I do it over? thank you

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Accountant's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It was all the way to print and sign.

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Tax
3/30/2018
Tax Professional: Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer replied 25 days ago
Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer
Thank you for using Just Answer.If you didn't file the return (either electronically or by actually mailing the return), you can go back into Turbo Tax and add the W2 and whatever other information needs to be added.If you did file, you should probably wait for the return(s) to be processed and prepare amended returns.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I do not like that once you pay you have to wait so long for an answer.
Tax Professional: Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer replied 22 days ago

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. According to the logs, I answered your question about 35 minutes after it became available. Do you need more assistance?

Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer