Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I duplicated a WH tax entry which I found reviewing the 1040…

Customer Question
I duplicated a WH...

I duplicated a WH tax entry which I found reviewing the 1040 printout prior to filing. The error was corrected, but the program does not recognize it,

Accountant's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

TT Deluxe

Accountant's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Toshiba A10

Accountant's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

New event. No other problem.

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just want to know how to make your program read right before filing.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/30/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 3 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Is the duplicated entry from an imported W-2?

If so, this is a common issue when importing into TurboTax.

Completely delete the W-2 that was imported, and manually enter the information from your paper copy. That will resolve the problem.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb