Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am juist reading rite now. no question. I received my K-1…

Customer Question
I am juist reading...

I am juist reading rite now. no question

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I received my K-1 packets today. the one packet talks about warrents. I really not sure what this means

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

My VNR stock is in a SEP IRA/ IRA. Do I need to submit a K-1 for an IRA stock

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Tax
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/30/2018
Tax Professional: Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 26 days ago
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

I'm Fiona, former IRS revenue agent. I am looking at your question and will get back to you soon. Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP,IMTA

Dear Customer,

Part I.

If your K-1 or stock purchases and sales are inside an IRA account, you don't have to include the sales in your tax return.

Part II.

Warrants are like options, e.g., stock options and stock warrants. They can allow the investor purchase stocks at a lower price, for example. "In finance, a warrant is a security that entitles the holder to buy the underlying stock of the issuing company at a fixed price called exercise price until the expiry date." It can be attached to preferred stock or bonds and the investor has to detach (sell) the warrant first before they can receive dividend. It is something that like additional benefit to the earnings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrant_(finance)

With this context, you may be able to comprehend the K-1 better. You can also contact the company who issues you the K-1 for certain languages on their K-1.

Please feel free to follow up.

Regards,

Fiona

Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen