Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am asking for a 72 year old who is in a nursing home. He…

Customer Question
I am asking for...

I am asking for a 72 year old who is in a nursing home. He worked in 2017 and paid taxes on Fed, Social Security and Medicare. Can any of these taxes be refunded to him because of his age?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
3/29/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 2 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

-----------------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested in an offer, simply decline.

Still typing...

Let me clarify that the age of a person does not determine whether a person will receive a refund or not. If the person overpaid taxes, then they will receive a refund.

-------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Does he have to file with a 1040 or any other kind of number?

To be on the safe side, he can file a form 1040, even though he might be able to use the 1040A or the 1040-EZ. To determine which tax form he should use, refer to the IRS information at the following link.

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc352

A positive rating of 3 or more stars is required for me to receive credit for assisting you today. A 5 star rating is greatly appreciated.