Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Last year I had solar panels installed, the rental of which…

Customer Question
Last year I had...

Last year I had solar panels installed, the rental of which is $82.53 monthly. Can I get a deduction for this, or some sort of tax credit?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

The rental payments go to Tech CU in San Jose, CA. I was not told, before installation, that I would have to pay rental.

Accountant's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I’m ready when you are.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

The name of the company that installed them is frugll.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/29/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 3 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, if you leased the solar system, you have forfeited the 30% federal tax credit, but you also cannot claim the solar lease payments as a tax deduction.

I wish I had better news for you.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Thank you.

You're welcome.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please take a moment to rate my answer with a 5-star rating to let me know that I have achieved my goal.