Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Last year I had solar panels installed, the rental of which…

Customer Question
Last year I had...

Last year I had solar panels installed, the rental of which is $82.53 monthly. Can I get a deduction for this, or some sort of tax credit?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

The rental payments go to Tech CU in San Jose, CA. I was not told, before installation, that I would have to pay rental.

Accountant's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I’m ready when you are.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

The name of the company that installed them is frugll.

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Tax
3/29/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 29 days ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, if you leased the solar system, you have forfeited the 30% federal tax credit, but you also cannot claim the solar lease payments as a tax deduction.

I wish I had better news for you.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thank you.

You're welcome.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please take a moment to rate my answer with a 5-star rating to let me know that I have achieved my goal.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent